I apologize for the lack of *me* around this neglected blog lately. Just for fun, here’s some good stuff:
- Tyson Foods Injects Chickens with Antibiotics Before They Hatch to Claim “Raised without Antibiotics”–hm, is this premeditated deceit or what? Read up on why these antibiotics are so harmful to you…and if that’s not enough to make you go organic, read this: Report: 83% of grocery store chicken meat found infected with bacteria…
- Make your own Vanilla extract! I’ve always wanted to do this…right now we’re using a big bottle that missionary friends brought us back from their last visit to Mexico…it’s wonderful!
- The Lost Knowledge of Iodine–Farmer John turned me onto this site in response to my possibly having thyroid issues that could be helped simply by taking Iodine. I’ve ordered some Iodine from this site after reading up on it. What an informative read! It’s not only about Iodine, it’s about chlorine and cancer, table salt being contaminated and much much more. We made the switch to organic salt after reading this article!
- Money-saving Mom–One of my best friends shared this website with me, and it’s chock full of great deals and info on how to get freebies from all over the place, especially Walgreens! I’ve learned so much! And gotten some free things in the process!
- Gift Basket Ideas and Homemade jar mixes–some great ideas here! I especially liked the Kitchen Mixes section!
Are you writing up your Christmas shopping lists? Mine will be simple this year, hopefully! My hubby’s family does the traditional Christmas gift exchange, while my family just gets together for the pleasure of it and the good eats! My eight yo daughter wants a Bible with larger print–she said she’d be happy if that’s all she gets. Aw. Isn’t that awesome? (Should I test that theory?)
How is everyone? I’d love to hear how things are going…