I mentioned in a previous blog post that I was going to have to post some recipes from the October Writer’s Retreat I attended. Here are some goodies for you! More to follow!
Julane’s Corn Dip
- 2 cans Mexicorn
- 2 bunches green onions ( or one regular onion, diced pretty small)
- 1 can chopped green chilis (can use chopped jalapenos if you prefer–but it does make it hot!!)
- 1 cup real mayo
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheese ( Julane recommends sharp cheddar or the taco seasoned kind)
Drain corn. Chop onions. Add mayo, sour cream, chilis and cheese. Mix well and chill. SO EASY!!
And SO good!!
Julane’s ESPINACA Dip
Julane says her boys would eat this like soup if she’d let them!! Just watch that your crock pot doesn’t get too hot and scorch the cheese!
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese
- 4 oz. Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream (or heavy cream if you have your own)
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 sm. onion diced
- 1 small pkg frozen chopped spinach, (thawed)
- 1/4 c. chopped jalepenos, with juice (I use the canned chilis because we don’t like it quite so hot when kids are eating it–unless your kiddos have really “tough” taste buds)
Place cream cheese, Velveeta cheese, whipping cream, milk and Ro-Tel in a crock pot on medium to high heat. While cheese is melting, dice the onion and add to crock pot. Add chilis (or jalapenos, juice and all) and add spinach that has been well “squeezed” of any moisture (want it as water free as possible). Reduce heat on crock pot and cook about two hours.
These sound like great appetizers to have on hand prior to your holiday feasts! We’re going to try them out on New Year’s Eve!
Enjoy! And treat yourself to a visit to Julane’s blog, Inspiration From the Commonplace!