In one of my mega-cooking posts, I mentioned that ingredients for Chicken Lasagna are always on my shopping list when chicken is on sale…and I’m finally getting around to posting the recipe, because more than a couple of you have asked me in the past for it, and I keep forgetting to deliver. Sorry!
So here it is:
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- garlic powder to taste
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 4 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 16 oz bag California veggies*
- Combine soups, broth and garlic in bowl
- Layer noodles, chicken, veggies, soup and cheddar cheese
- Top with mozzarella cheese
- Bake at 350*F for 30 minutes
- Cool, wrap, freeze (or eat if you’re not filling the freezer!)
I always double or triple this, and freeze it in disposable aluminum pans. Thaw it the night before and you’re all set the next day for a hearty home-style feast.
For more tips on mega-cooking, and how my friends and I “get it done”, be sure to follow the link!
*I steam the veggies in a saucepan on stove till slightly cooked, and then chop them with my food chopper before layering them in. Personal preference!