We have been prepping my 21 year old’s new house (yep, she’s a homeowner as of 2 days ago! Woot! Woot!) for paint–inside and out. Ripping out wallpaper, spackling, sanding, scraping, taping–bringing back memories of *my* 21 year old self, in our first home, doing the exact same things. Only difference being, I was married and expecting my firstborn–yep same firstborn that’s 21 and playing at fixer upper! Ahh the good ole days…
So I came home tonight and indulged in one of our favorite desserts. This delicious brownie recipe happens to be the. best. recipe. ever. Whether you make it gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free or with real sugar, flour and dairy, it’s all good. Even my picky ones love it made “healthy style”. I hope you will too.
Favorite Brownie Dessert with strawberries and coconut cream, the way my firstborn daughter serves it up!
- 2/3 cup Lilly’s brand dark chocolate stevia sweetened chocolate chips (available at HyVee, Natural Grocer’s) OR Trim Healthy Mama’s dark chocolate stevia sweetened chocolate chips
- 5 TB coconut oil or avacado oil
- 2/3 cup Gentle Sweet (a Trim Healthy Mama stevia blend that is unsurpassable!) (You can also use Pyure brand from Walmart, but it’s not the same…still, in a pinch…)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup almond flour (even if you aren’t gluten intolerant, I’d make these with almond flour–they are so flaky and melt- in-your-mouth!)
- 2 TB unsweetened cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- At the end you will mix in an additional 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Optional–sprinkle coarse salt on top
Preheat your oven to 350F. Line an 8×8″ baking pan with parchment paper. Melt the oil and chocolate chips together and mix until smooth, set aside while you separately whisk together the eggs and stevia blend of choice (or sugar if you aren’t sugar free). Mix dry ingredients and then combine all and lastly add the additional 2/3 cup chocolate chips. Spread batter into prepared 8×8″ pan and bake at 350F for 20-24 minutes till edges are set and brownies are still slightly soft in the middle.
Dress it up into individual servings with fresh, sliced strawberries and a dollop of coconut cream. Savor every healthy decadent bite!