Jen tagged me so here goes!
- Currently reading Sixth Covenant by Brock and Bodie Thoene, sixth in their awesome A.D. Chronicles series!
- Loving our Professor B Math…getting into long multiplication and division with oldest, and “vocabulary and symbolism of numeration” (whew!) with 7 year old!
- Just listened to the best email forward I’ve gotten in a long time…a phone call made by a 12 year old boy to a Houston radio station…89.3 KSBJ’s morning show
- Roasted a turkey yesterday and made pumpkin soup with some of it today! So delicious we all had seconds and thirds!
- We are so enjoying a weekly Bible study with friends…we’re using Tommy Nelson’s A Life Well Lived DVD series, all on the book of Ecclesiastes. Really. Good.
- Got the girls’ room cleaned today! Big group effort!
- My oldest daughter has already sold two of her border collie pups and they’ve only been weaned a few days! (5 to go! Any takers?)
- I just got some great news from Tricia Goyer, that EVERY writer/blogger should check out! Hint: Would you like to see one of your popular blog posts published?
I’ve actually done the 8 Random Things meme before, so today I stuck with today’s random things. Hope you enjoy some of the links!
And consider yourselves tagged, if you so desire! I’d love to learn more about each of you!
8 replies on “8 Random Things”
Hmm…kind of early for roasted turkey, eh? Hee…Why not! Turkey any day is great!
I LOVE pumpkin soup
I am glad you have found Logan’s call to our radio station. We don’t have any problem with you posting it on your blog, but can you please link it to our radio station? Thank you so much!
Morning Show Host
That’s how I feel, Leticia! Turkey anyday…it’s better than chicken!
Thank YOU, Jen, you gave me something to post about yesterday!
Mike, I apologize, I thought I did link it to your radio station, I’ll go in and edit it! Thanks for the links, and for keeping that precious phone call posted at your website!
Wow…that radio call was amazing. Jesus said something along the lines of (I’m sorry I’m terrible at line for line quotes) ‘if every one of you were more like these children…’ If someone knows the exact lines here please write it out. But it’s true! If only more people’s faith was like that one little boy’s! That was a humbling experience to listen to that! My faith needs work. When I hear things like that it puts everything into perspective and shows that there is still lots of good in this world! Thank you for posting that!
Exactly my sentiments, the heart behind that little boy’s passion for us to know that God understands…wow.
And great reminder on that verse, I probably don’t have the exact one you meant, but one like it (did an online search):
“He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: ‘I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 18:2-4).
So many of His truths are so simple, no wonder He wants our faith to be child-like in its trust. He is in control of the joystick, so He must know what’s best for me, even when I can’t understand. Yes, He works in mysterious ways, but that’s where our trust must come into play.
I hope everybody goes and listens to that radio segment. It’s short and well worth it!
Yes! Definitely worth it! Even my DH was amazed, and he’s not religious.
Thank you for finding that saying and that is exactly the one I meant. I was having a memory lapse and for some reason the words weren’t coming to mind. Also, well put about the mysterious ways. Everything happens for a reason…God has His reasons, even if they are hidden to us.
I’m so glad your DH listened, mine did too. 🙂