What’s for supper at your house tonight?
Slow Cooker Enchiladas
- 1 pound ground beef (or a little more!)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper (I omit this)
- 1 can (16 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 oz) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- minced garlic (optional)
- 2-3 cups shredded cheese (we use a mixture of cheddar and Colby-jack)
- 6 tortillas (I use the big ones, but I’ve got a big crockpot)
In a skillet, brown beef with onions and bell peppers, drain. Add next 9 ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Layer in Crockpot 3/4 cup of the beef mixture, then one tortilla and 1/3-1/2 cup cheese. Repeat layers, cover and cook 5-7 hours on low.
This is so delicious! I slice it in the crockpot, as you would a pie and the triangular slices serve up beautifully!