This favorite recipe is a ladies luncheon pleaser! I can’t believe I haven’t thought to share it here before now. I made a batch tonight to accompany my mother’s 73rd birthday lunch here at my house tomorrow! It’s a famous lunch item at our local 1850’s restaurant and one that I make each June for our homeschool mom’s luncheon. Someone always requests the recipe.
Crunchy Chicken Salad
- 5 cups cooked chicken pieces
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 TBS sugar
- 1 tsp. Lawry’s seasoned salt
- tomato or fresh fruit, such as cantaloupe
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- In separate bowl combine dressing ingredients.
- Stir dressing into chicken mixture.
- Garnish and serve.
I cook a whole chicken in about two cups worth of broth in my crockpot for five hours on high…the meat is so tender and tasty that way. This salad is also delicious accompanied by my mom’s croissant recipe!
Hope you try it–it’s practically too easy to make considering how fantastic it looks and tastes!
ETA: I added pictures! The three lovelies in the photo here are my 4 year old, my mother–the birthday girl!, and my sister!